Hi, I’m Amy!
I want to welcome you to my site and our community, and I hope you find the resources helpful!
As a little girl, I was fascinated by birds and liked to watch them in nature. This interest of mine has lasted until today, so I decided to create this website. This should be a place where all birdwatchers find anything and everything that they need for birdwatching.
Throughout my life, I have been lucky enough to watch the most amazing birds in many places around the world. My best birdwatching experiences are:
- Watching Resplendent Quetzals in the cloud forests in Guatemala
- Birdwatching in Everglades National Park, Florida
- Birdwatching in Ria Formosa Nature Park, Portugal
About This Website
The aim of this website is to encourage people to learn more about birds, including what the best places are for birdwatching trips and what you need in the form of equipment for birdwatching.
This is a good place to find all sorts of information about birds including the food they like and how to feed them. I know you will enjoy this site which is packed with accurate and current information for aspiring birders of all ages.
- To increase the number of visitors to the site each month.
- To include as many topics as possible on bird watching and birds.
Website’s Expert Supervision
Articles published on this website are written by Dr. Rae Osborn (LinkedIn profile). She studied Ornithology as part of her Zoology degree from the University of Kwazulu-Natal. She completed an Ornithology class as part of her Ph.D. in Quantitative Biology from the University of Texas at Arlington.
She presented ornithological research at scientific meetings:
- R. Osborn and N. Treusch. 2009. Foraging by birds in suburban areas. Louisiana Academy of Sciences, 833rd Annual Meeting, 4 April 2009, Natchitoches, LA.
- R.L. Niell and R. Osborn. 2000. Trends in shorebird migration at Village Creek Water Treatment Plant: 1977-1999, Tarrant County. Southwestern Association of Naturalists 47th annual meeting, Denton, TX. 155.
If you want to know more about Rae, visit her author’s page!